GOInternational Finland is A Nordic International Accelerator, one of its kind in Finland. Our mission is to create a platform of co-creation between Nordic innovations and emerging markets.
As an active ecosystem builder, we work with value-driven companies who are solving global problems in our focus areas: EduTech, HealthTech, Smart Cities & FinTech.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an action-oriented team-player, having good knowledge of the Finnish business scene and familiar with start-up & SME environment.
You are energetic and interested in event management. You have experience in planning and organising events. You have good knowledge of the event execution process, with a good understanding of how the Finnish system works in terms of logistics. You have excellent communication skills and are able to interact with different vendors and partners. GOInternational Finland organises events and international projects throughout the year; from business networking events to executive workshops, gala dinners, etc. for hundreds of top keynote representatives. Our biggest annual event is GOI Arctic Stopover – a side event inside Slush. We are expecting hundreds of international clients coming from abroad to visit Finland and join us during Slush, with the whole package offered for them: 4-6 days including all the services, workshops and events. You will be responsible for all aspects of event planning, executing and together with the Marketing team to promote the event and reach out to target participants. You may also be required to manage your own team of event executors or volunteers.
- Oversee all aspects of event planning and management, including internal and external events, with experience planning exhibitions and large business-to-business events
- Experience in creating event proposals and detailed plans which fit our targets
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organising vendors
- Good negotiation skills and relationship management with different vendors or partners
- Detailed-oriented, good with numbers and budgeting
- Very organised, with excellent time management and able to keep deadlines
- Able to work closely with Marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event, and when necessary crafting marketing materials such as print and Internet advertisements for individual events
- Able to anticipate and plan for different scenarios
- Able to create sales opportunities for future events during client liaisons and during events, including possessing a strong working knowledge of the company to further these sales opportunities
- Able to plan multiple events at once
- Excellent communication skills, spoken and written in Finnish and English
- Great independent working skills and team working skills with intercultural competence to respect diversity and perform excellently in international/ multicultural working environments
As the company operates on a lean process, some tasks might change or be added to your responsibilities based on your competencies and desire that you will prove.
WHAT WE OFFER
GOInternational Finland provides you an opportunity to closely work with our network of top entrepreneurs, start-ups and leading Finnish corporations. You will work alongside a like-minded international team of international specialists, as a business development partner and a core part of our management team, in an innovative and professional co-working space in the very center of Helsinki.
The position is not only internships but we expect you to take ownership of your projects, giving you the opportunity to bring innovative ideas into practice and see them through first hand.
Want to be part of a quickly growing, dynamic, global team? Get to work with highly innovative companies. Learn what it takes to internationalise companies in the age of connectivity. Then GOInternational Finland is the right company for you!
Send us your application TODAY or no later than June 30. The position is expected to start from the beginning of August. We will proceed with the recruitment process as soon as the suitable candidates have been found.